Search this site
I have two dogs - Pluto and Buzo. The pup, Buzo, is a great runner.
One day, I was walking home with Pluto and Buzo (both on leash) at a steady four kilometers per hour. But Buzo is really mischievous; he strained and strained at the leash because of which I found it impossible to manage both the dogs. With six kilometers still to walk, I had to let Buzo off the leash.
Buzo at once ran all the way home at six kilometers per hour. He, then, turned back and returned to us at the same speed. Immediately upon reaching us, Buzo once again turned back and ran home. And, then, back he came to us. Buzo continued this back-and-forth run at the same speed of six kilometers per hour. Pluto and I continued to walk at the speed of four kilometers per hour. Buzo's back-and-forth run continued till all of us had reached home.
Can you find out the total distance Buzo had run since he was let off the leash? And, by the way, this was a cooked up story; neither have I ever walked six kilometres in my life nor has Buzo ever shown so much energy - he would rather snooze than run around!
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu