Search this site
Pluto and I had to walk six kilometres before we reached home. So, the total distance we had to walk was d = 6 km. We walked at a steady speed of four kilometres per hour. Therefore, speed "s" = 4 kmph.
Now, speed = distance/ time.
Therefore, 4 = 6/t.
Therefore, t = 6/4 hours. This means we had to walk for 6/4 hours (or, one-and-half hours) to reach home.
During this period, Buzo kept running back-and-forth. This means Buzo kept running for 6/4 hours. He ran at a speed of six kilometres per hour.
Now, speed = distance/ time, or distance = speed x time.
Therefore distance = 6 x 6/4, or distance = 36/4. Thus, distance = 9 kilometres. So, Buzo ran a total distance of 9 kilometres. Some stamina that! Anyway, did I get it right?
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu