Search this site
Going Round in Circles!
My friend and I visited the sports complex after many years. The sight brought back many happy memories. In our younger days, the complex used to be our favourite haunt and we used to begin the day with a morning jog.
We thought of reliving those good old days. We decided to walk. We decided that we would walk in opposite directions.
It was a circular track. We stood with our backs to each other at the same point. Exactly at 8 am, we began walking. Now, I am slower than my friend. I could walk at a speed of two rounds per hour while my friend completed three rounds per hour. We stopped walking at 9.30 am - we, therefore, walked continuously for one-and-half hours.
Can you tell how many times did my friend and I cross each other during the course of the walk?
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu