Search this site
A Business Deal
I wish to start my own business. There are quite a few schools in the vicinity where I live, and I have decided to sell ballpoint pens, pencils, and erasers.
I propose to buy these materials from a dealer and sell them to the children after adding my profit margin.
The dealer sells a ballpoint pen for 10 rupees, a pencil for a rupee, and four erasers for a rupee. I have a certain amount of money to invest. For each 100-rupee I spend, I wish to buy 100 of these materials from the dealer, and these 100 things should include at least one pen, one pencil, and an eraser.
Please help me figure out how to buy 100 stationery materials for 100 rupees such that I have at least one of each of the three items.
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu