Search this site
It was the annual sports meet in school. Rohan and Amit were the top contenders in the 2-kilometre race. We were all excited as to who will win the race; will it be Rohan, or will it be Amit?
There were quite a few events before the 2-kilometre race. At last, the athletes lined up for the cream event, and the whistle blew to mark the start of the race.
It turned out to be a damp squib! Amit was nowhere near his best, and Rohan beat him easily; by two minutes! If Amit had run 2 km/hr faster and if Rohan had run slower by 2 km/hr, then Amit would have beaten Rohan by two minutes. What are the speeds of Amit and Rohan?
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu