Search this site
Any numismatist will tell you that rare coins are invaluable. So, RARE + COIN should be equal to INVALUABLE. However, my friend has given me this problem to solve, according to which RARE + COIN = TEPID. Now, whatever does that mean?
Anyway, this has nothing to do with linguistic skills but is an alphametic poser. Each alphabet stands for a unique number from 0 to 9. The sum works out to be true when the alphabets are replaced by their corresponding numbers. The four-digit numbers, whose sum has to be found, cannot start with zero. Thus, "R", "C" and "T" cannot be zero.
To start with, I will tell you what "A" stands for. A = 6. Now, you have to find the other numbers so that the sum is true.
Here is the alphametic once again:
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu