Search this site
Must Reach the Station in Time
Four friends Anil, Bhushan, Chander and I (Deepak) wish to catch a train that will depart in 17 minutes.
However, it is raining very hard, and we have only one umbrella that can accommodate two persons at a time.
The time taken by each of us individually to reach the railway station is as follows: Anil takes one minute, Bhushan takes two minutes, Chander takes five minutes, and Deepak (that's me), who is the laziest, takes ten minutes to reach the station
All of us have just recovered from a bad cold and don't want to get wet under any circumstances. Will you advise us as to how we should go (two at a time) to reach the station in time to catch the train without getting wet.
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu