Search this site
Cat and Dog Story
My friend, Anil, is an animal lover. He decided to start a shelter for cats and dogs. People brought stray cats and dogs to him. By the end of one month, Anil's shelter had 55 cats and dogs. The number of dogs was greater than that of the cats.
It was a costly affair to maintain a shelter and Anil's resources were limited. He, therefore, stopped taking more animals; he first wanted to find good homes for the cats and dogs under his care before he took more animals. Over the next 15 days, Anil managed to find homes for exactly one-fifth of the cats and one-fourth of the dogs.
From this data can you figure out how many cats and dogs Anil initially had, and how many of them found new homes?
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu