Search this site
I love the glitter of neon signs on shops in the evenings. These signs turn the dark night into a colourful one - some neon signs are red, some blue, and there are other colours as well. They look lovely!
One evening, while doing some shopping, I happened to meet a friend and stopped to talk with him. All around me were shops with glittering neon signs announcing their names and wares.
My attention was drawn to a particular neon sign. There were four words which made up the name of the shop. The sign read "New Pankaj Super Shoppe". The peculiarity of this sign was that the four words, which made up the name, glowed in turns. After observing carefully, I discovered that the first word, "New", glowed for one second and, then, went off for one second. This process was repeated. The second word, "Pankaj", also glowed for one second and went off for two seconds before lighting up again. The third word, "Super", remained lighted for one second and then went off for four seconds before coming back. The fourth word, "Shoppe", glowed for one second but went off for five seconds before coming back again.
So, in short, each word glowed for a duration of one second but glowed at intervals of 1, 2, 4 and 5 seconds.
Then, after some time, I saw all the four words glowing together. I was curious to know at what intervals do all the four words glow together. Can you help me find this out?
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu