Search this site
Pocketful of Brains
A lawyer friend narrated this story about two friends Sachin and Vivek.
Sachin is a tall and handsome man of 30; he is not very bright and loses his temper at the drop of a hat. Vivek is a short man; he is witty, and he is also around 30. Both are practicing lawyers; Vivek is an assistant public prosecutor. Sachin and Vivek are sworn rivals while in the courtroom, but the best of friends outside, and can often be seen having tea together in the court's canteen.
On many occasions, when Sachin represented a client as a defence counsel, Vivek had to represent the state against him.
It was one such occasion. Sachin was forcefully arguing his client's side in the courtroom. Vivek has this nasty habit of interrupting, and he was doing so now. This, of course, irritated Sachin. He observed to the judge, "Your honour, my learned friend has not been allowing me to complete my say. If he interrupts me again, I will put him into my pocket."
"Your honour, if my learned friend puts me into his pocket, then he will have more brains in his pocket than he has in his head," pat was the rejoinder from Vivek.
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu