Search this site
Talk about coincidence, this takes the cake. I was travelling from Udaipur to Chittorgarh by train (let's call it Train A), and on the same day and time my friend was travelling from Chittorgarh to Udaipur on Train B! So, we were travelling in opposite directions. Of course, I didn't know about this then; we exchanged notes later. I was travelling in a slower train.
Both the trains - Train A and Train B - started from Udaipur and Chittorgarh at the same time. They were running on parallel tracks, and crossed each other after a certain time (had I known my friend was in the other train, I would have stuck my head out and waved at him). After passing each other, my train, Train A, took one hour and 30 minutes to reach Chittorgarh, while Train B took 40 minutes to reach Udaipur. If the speed of Train A is 45km/hr, what is the speed of Train B?
Now that you have calculated the speed of Train B, please also determine:
1. What is the total distance between Udaipur and Chittorgarh?
2. When do the two trains cross each other?
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu