Search this site
Well this is how I worked it out; do let me know if I have done it right.
Suppose, initially, the subscription fee was "x". After a 20 per cent reduction, the new subscription fee is 4x/5.
Suppose initially the number of members was "y", then the collection would have been xy.
There has been a 60 per cent increase in the collection amount. The new collection amount is therefore [xy + (60xy)/100] = (160xy)/100.
Number of members = Total collection / subscription fee. Therefore the number of members now = (160xy/100) / (4x/5) = 2y.
Initially, the number of members was "y" and now it is "2y". Therefore, the percentage increase = 100.
Some useful links for
- Union Public Service Commission - www.upsc.gov.in
- IIT-Kharagpur - www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Statistical Institute - www.isical.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - www.iitm.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - www.iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Mass Commission - www.iimc.nic.in
- IIT Bombay - www.iitb.ac.in
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training - www.cifnet.nic.in
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (Deemed University) - www.iiita.ac.in
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi - www.cmfri.com
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai - www.tiss.edu